hee hee I am the Punninator.
i like the term ‘gender alignments’ because it presents new identities such as: lawful gender, gender evil, and the ever mysterious gender gender.
WHAT TO WEAR WHEN: Slinking Into a P.I.’s Office After-Hours to Tearfully Beg Him for Help Finding Your Husband’s Killer
- Accessorize with huge, tragic eyes and tastefully-chosen double entendres. Waterproof mascara might actually be a drawback!
- This look is all about the dramatic, glamorous silhouette. Ask yourself: “If I were standing in front of venetian blinds, what kind of shadow would I cast?” If the answer isn’t “devastating,” keep trying!
- The geometric shoulders on this Victoria Beckham dress say “I am a Woman” — but the smooth, vulnerable skin of your revealed throat and collarbone say breathily, “Oh, but I’m really just a Girl.” Get his protective instincts on your side, and you can turn this square-jawed patsy backward and forward like a skeleton key!
- The man you’re talking to may not technically be a policeman anymore, because he was kicked off the force for caring too much and not playing by the rules. Call him “Detective” anyway — that’s basic workplace tact.
- Try a coat with a soft, heavy fur ruff. You can turn your face into it to sort of hide your tears, while still maintaining soulful, sidelong eye contact under your mink lashes.
- Do not mention how your husband was a bloated old philanderer who never appreciated you or treated you like a person.
- Definitely do not mention how the week before he died you took out a million-dollar life insurance policy on him. It will look tacky.
- High stiletto pumps make a satisfying clack-click as you hasten away across the rainy cobblestones. T-straps are both practical and leg-lengthening.
- A well-dropped monogrammed handkerchief helps people remember you — especially with a subtle spritz of your favorite perfume — but don’t drop it in the wrong place, or you could end up being remembered a little too well. Silencing witnesses is tedious, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Should you choose to invite the detective to your house of mourning to discuss your case over drinks, make sure to set the date for a time when you could plausibly just happen to be wandering around in a silk robe and negligée when the maid lets him in. How about Carine Gilson? You can afford it!
Victoria Beckham tight dress, $1,980 / Diane von Furstenberg double breasted coat, $1,205 / Trasparenze sheer hosiery, $15 / La Perla , $440 / La Perla satin panty, $115 / Christian Louboutin t strap heels / Lulu Guinness vintage handbag, $695 / Chanel pearl jewelry / Karen Millen leather glove / Suzanne Bettley hat, $98 / NARS Cosmetics lip makeup, $28 / Christian Dior , $105 / Vintage Cigarette Holder. Audrey Hepburn Long LADIES Cigarette Holder… / Brooks Brothers Women’s Embroidered Handkerchiefs
The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology has dealt a devastating blow to the notion that men and women are fundamentally different when it comes to how they think and act.
“Although gender differences on average are not under dispute, the idea of consistently and inflexibly gender-typed individuals is,” Bobbi J. Carothers of Washington University in St. Louis and Harry T. Reis of the University of Rochester explained in their study. “That is, there are not two distinct genders, but instead there are linear gradations of variables associated with sex, such as masculinity or intimacy, all of which are continuous.”
Analyzing 122 different characteristics from 13,301 individuals in 13 studies, the researchers concluded that differences between men and women were best seen as dimensional rather than categorical. In other words, the differences between men and women should be viewed as a matter of degree rather than a sign of consistent differences between two distinct groups.
You mean human beings, like everything else, living and mineral, in nature exist on a series of both parallel and intersecting spectrums, and there is no such thing as a definitive binary or black/white divide?
MRAs, RadFems, and EvoPsych people everyone will be horrified to find this out.
a genderqueer superhero who wears a binder and hides their face so everyone assumes they’re male but then they have c cups and never bind as a civilian so their secret identity is safe
I forgot about chest binders for a moment and thought they strapped a two inch binder to their face.
that is exactly what they do
That’s brilliant, in terms of a disguise. Much better than those heroes who assume that a tiny domino mask will totes hide their face.
Squirrel being fed by a marionette of an old lady being controlled by an old lady. My life is complete
|—||Natasha Lyonne speaking about But I’m A Cheerleader, Orange is the New Black, and what we really say when we call shows with LGBT characters “gay shows.” (via the Huffington Post)|
Also, I have just discovered that if you tag anything “NSFW” you get followed by a lot of porn spambots.
I always wonder what the average frequency of being followed by spambots is. It seems like I get one or two every week…
A few shots in my Power Girl costume! No professional photos of it yet so pictures around my apartment will have to do for now. :) The rest of the photos are on my facebook! This costume was really fun to make/put together. Still need to make boot covers but I can’t wait to wear this to another convention!
what does the woodchuck use to keep track of all his wood
my dad cried